Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Commission Art!

Today’s blog I am posting a portrait I drew of my friend Pablo. Pablo saw a self portrait that I did of myself if a comic book style and commissioned me to draw one up for him. It was a really fun drawing because I love drawing people and I enjoy trying to draw a person’s likeness. I also tried out being really rough and loose with my pen work (get your minds out of the gutter). I was checking out video tutorials by Nate Van Dyke, a legendary San Francisco based artist and he fucks up his brushes and pens on purpose to get this raw looking style.

As far as commissions go, I usually charge around $300 bucks for something like this, but I give a bit of a discount for friends. The drawing is usually 11”x17” unframed. If anyone is interested let me know by emailing me at: pbarr2099@gmail.com or contacting me on my facebook page.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Patt,

    I want to commission a piece from you. If you could get back to me that would be great. Hillaryhodge@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete