Friday, May 4, 2012

Boring post #2: Line work

I went ahead and scanned in the line work for my drawing just to show you all the process that I have developed (and by that I mean “stolen from other artists”). When I transfer the art, the initial lines are very simple and minimal. I don’t want too much detail because I want some freedom to draw and shade in the marker phase of the illustration. I also am not worried about the quality of the lines at this point, they are boring and “flat” looking. I will add varied line thickness and depth once all the shading is done.

I will start shading the face first. This is the most important part of the drawing and if I mess it up or I don’t like it for what ever reason, I can start over without having invested a lot of time on other parts of the drawing.


No comments:

Post a Comment