Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hellounge CD art Pencils!






Okay, so here is the pencils for the Hellounge EP cover. I was giggling to myself while I was drawing this at the coffee shop. The name of the EP is Un-living Girl so I thought I would just push the boundaries of decency and the band could pull back if they wanted to (they didn’t, and one wonders why we are all friends).

To be quite honest there were a lot of happy little mistakes with this one. First, there was the height issues. I drew the girl first and when I went to draw SeƱor Diablo, he was way shorter than her and so I ended up putting him in platform shoes (circa a 1970’s pimp) and that just opened the door for the ruffled shirt and tight bell bottom pants.

There will be a poster available to those who help support the band on Kickstarter so if ya want one, kick in!! Here is the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1704244328/hellounge-is-recording-our-first-ep?ref=email

Help them out if you can and get music and art as a reward :)

1 comment:

  1. ever consider animating the bands music video.
    Titmouse Inc. might help (http://www.titmouse.net/)
    -i see the band performing at a mexican bar full of demons and monsters or some one plays a jutebox
    -as the band plays you see Senor Diablo hitting on the girls in the bar and failing at it till the end of the song
    -perhapps a bar fight breaks out
    -some of the monster girls are not all that atractive

    ReplyDelete