Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dejah Thoris Thursday!

This one is more of a facial study but it was fun none the less. I will probably make a full size illustration of Dejah Thoris (from Burough’s Mars Series) and this is a good start. I like her strong nose and eyebrows, it gives her a bold and exotic look. Dejah is an iconic sci-fi character that was the basis for most heroines after that (including Princess Leia - watch Return of the Jedi and try and argue with me).

I like the crown on this drawing but I’m not in love with the neck piece. Her jewelry will definitely need to be planned in advance, it is an opportunity to draw a lot of shiny metal so that should be fun. Finding the right pose is important and I am not going to limit myself with a pose that has the same profile of this. While there is something to be said for efficiency of using initial drawings, it can often limit creativity.

See ya all tomorrow!
Go Giants!
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment