Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Feets!

Here are some pages out of my sketchbook. The first one is a study for Carla’s feet, with and without shoes. Feet are weird and fun to draw, they have to ground the character and can be expressive as well. I love drawing shoes as well, the variations and character are very fun and can add quite a lot to the drawing. As with all my characters I am making a style guide that will determine the range of wardrobe the characters wear.

The other page is a variation of lighting styles for Carla. I plan on using a variety of dramatic lighting and colors for my comic to help better tell the story. I want a cinematic feel to my stories, like the reader is watching a scary movie. I have noticed that the new Scooby Doo cartoon does this and it is quite effective (even though the whole color palette is a bit over-saturated for my tastes).



No comments:

Post a Comment